Mounjaro / Zepbound Life S54 d5 1 YEAR +53d Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

 

 

So the scale hit 231.2 lb today … slow but positive progress!  I am feeling pretty good about it! (126.8 pounds lost since starting tirzzepatide over 14 months  ago…for a  35.4% weight loss)  From my all time maximum weight in the last 3 years I am down a total of 153.8 pounds for a 40% weight loss) … I never thought I would be here!

So my workout to whomever is interested: 

All exercises on cable machines at my local YMCA:

I shoot to do the routine every third day … to be honest at my present age I seem to need the extra time to recover from the lifting fully to see gains.

Bench Press, Military Press, Chest Flyes, Lateral raises, tricep extensions

Narrow handle seated rows, Lateral pulldowns, back extensions, rveerse flyes, bicep curls

Leg Press, Leg extensions, Leg Curls, Hip Abduction and Hip Adduction

Abdominal crunch, Torso rotations

I started with single set with low weight on each exercise and add weight and sets.   On a Sunday with plenty of time I will shoot for 3 sets (escalating weight between sets) for each.   If I am short on time I will shoot for 2 sets and possibly skip some of the exercises.

I use the Hevy iphone app to track my exercises .. for resistance training I think it is important to keep track of what weight you are using to keep a forward progression going over time.

I also am doing the None to Run program … it is slower paced than the Couch to 5K … I am on week 6.  I am very very slow but given the fact that I thought I would never jog again a couple of years ago I am happy with the progress.   

My knees although better with the weight loss are still arthritic and bone on bone so I make some allowances for that.  For example, leg press is more about range of motion than pushing heavy weight (pushing heavy weight made my knees hurt!) and I am allowing myself to jog slower than even some of the medium speed walkers (hide the ego and save the knees!).

I am happy with where I am right now and where I am going with all this.

P.S. I did not share what weight I am using on each of the exercises because the amount of weight is that is right for me and everyone needs to find the weights that are right for them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #346 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #347 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life S49 d5 1 YEAR +19d Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog