Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W45d2 #352 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

 

The Self Made Man by Victor Pina

Happy New Year to All!   Thank you for the positive responses to my blog.   I printed a copy of that sculpture and taped it to my wall for motivation!

I had my new life insurance physical and I weighed in right at 237 pounds which was a great feeling!

Now a run down on things from this past month.   So I had been paying close to $1000 per month since I was using Mounjaro for weight loss and the coupon did not help since I am a non-diabetic.   (There was one month where I got it for $550 mentioned in a previous blog but it turned out to be a fluke so I went back to $1000 per month).

When Zepbound came out with a new coupon for weight loss I was so excited … I went to the pharmacy to fill my new prescription and when it came time to pay it cost $1000 … I was like “…wait!  that can’t. be right…” but no matter how they ran it the total came out to $1000 for the refill.

So since my insurance did not cover Mounjaro and I did not qualify for that coupon  I was using GoodRx which knocked $200 off the $1200 price hence $1000 per month.

With Zepbound my insurance decided to “cover” it for weight loss to the tune of $200 off each month which took the $1200 to $1000 and the GoodRx could not be combined with that so I was still stuck at $1000 per month!   I was infuriated.   Since the medicine was “covered” by my insurance the coupon would not run through.   Ugh!

But as luck would have it my insurance carrier changed 1/1/24 and this one does not cover it so the coupon now works so the latest refill was $521.   Still a lot but compared to the $1000 per month I had been paying I am thrilled.    

I have no idea why my previous insurance company did what they did … I almost feel like it was an intentional attempt to hurt people on the medicine … why would you “cover” it so that the coupon would not work and essentially give no better break financially than what GoodRx was already doung!!!

Anyway I could not discuss this previously because I was so angry about it I needed to process the anger and I wanted to see how the insurance change would go.

Would I like to get it for $25 per month? … Yes, I obviously would but I will live with the $521 per month over the $1000 per month!!

So on the list of possible side effects … and the key word is “possible” I have noticed that my hair is thinning out on top at an accelerated rate … could it be the tirzepatide? … or am I a 59 yo who was going to have increased hair thinning anyway … no way to know for sure but I will live with impending baldness over choosing to stop the medicine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #346 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #347 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life S49 d5 1 YEAR +19d Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog