MounjaroLife W23D1 D169 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

 


Hello!   I am doing one more dose at 15mg this week and then going to 10mg for 2 weeks and then a 15mg and then 2 weeks of 10mg … good plan … after that will depend on what is available to get!

 Update of anesthesia with GLP-1s … the American Society of Anesthesiologists came out with a task force recommendation which is what doctors will be following for now on GLP-1 patients … they say to hold the dose for one week before elective surgery and to consider using ultrasound of the stomach on the day of surgery to see if there is any food in the stomach.   If in doubt they are to treat the patient as being a full stomach.  I think that only waiting a week means a lot of people will have something still in their stomach following regular eating guidelines before surgery so we as patients are still at increased risk.   The issue they were compromising on was that if a diabetic’s sugars were under control on a GLP-1 then holding it longer than a week would mean poor sugar control at the time of surgery which is also a risk!   This is a difficult issue and despite the new guidelines I don’t think this is a settled issue. 

 Back to me … I am hovering around 270 pounds … there was one morning I was 269,6 and I got all excited but it has been 270-274 since then depending on what I have eaten and what time of day it is.    That is still 88 pound weight loss for a 24.6% loss.   Pretty awesome for starting on the Mounjaro January 18th!   Miraculous is word that comes to mind.   My goal is to get under 250 pounds … and it seems doable!

 The photo above is of part of my basement that I finished doing a little here and a little there as time allowed while on Mounjaro … I had posted some images while I was putting up the drywall.   I am thrilled with the result!   The weight loss has really increased my energy which has made doing all that myself so much more manageable!

And yes I left the ceiling open … it is a basement and at 58 years old working on things over my head for extended periods of time is problematic.   I do have an unfinished basement bathroom that I hope to tackle in the fall and I think that I will do the ceiling in there when I get to finishing it (much smaller ceiling!).  Anyway, life is good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #346 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #347 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life S49 d5 1 YEAR +19d Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog