MounjaroLife W22D1 D160 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

 


Wow!  Day 160 … I have been thrilled with my progress.

My BPs are the best they have been in years … not sure if I will be able to decrease any meds but I certainly will not need to increase any doses!   That is exciting as my high blood pressure was worsening prior to starting the Mounjaro.

I was only able to get the 10mg Mounjaro for this coming month but that is okay … I seem to do okay on it (although I do a touch better hunger wise on the higher doses).

The unsolicited compliments continue to come in which is wonderful.  A lot of people asking me questions about the drug and my results.   Interestingly they all focus on nausea and hearing that people could not tolerate the medicine but as I have said I have not had any of those kind of issues.

 One area of real concern, however, is that the delayed gastric emptying particularly with certain foods has an unintended consequence that everyone taking the medication needs to be aware of!  If you go under anesthesia for a procedure normally associated with only some type of sedation (called Monitored Anesthesia Care) you can be at increased risk of an aspiration pneumonia … the drug is so new that anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists are only now becoming aware of the issue.   It is a potentially serious issue so people having elective procedures may be asked to go off the medicine for 2-3 weeks prior to their surgery … going off for only a week is not long enough to mitigate the risk.  As the half life of these drugs vary from person to person and average about 5-7 days … if you take it out 3 half lives (the amount one would assume would be needed to get enough of the drug out of your system to decrease the regurgitation rate) …. that is 15-21 days so 3 weeks is probably the safest.   But going off the medicine for 3 weeks …. ugh!

Anyway, the photo was my Father’s Day meal!   And yes it was delicious!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #346 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #347 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life S49 d5 1 YEAR +19d Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog