MounjaroLife W17D1 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog


Nothing special to report weight loss wise … Holding the course as I am on another plateau … but I feel good so there is that.   I have also started working out in earnest which is good.   And as an added bonus I get unsolicited compliments on my losing weight which has been nice.
 
So with regards to the working out.   I have committed to working out three times per week and I have opted for a gym machine centered workout.   

So my dilemma was that I used to workout a lot when I was young but that has been a really really long time ago.   Ego will only get me hurt.   I have to suck it up and do the work to get back into a regular work out shape.   I am 58 and have been mostly sedentary for that last few years with my bad knees and being very very overweight … the last thing I need is to it hurt myself in anyway which would set me way way back.

Here is my progressive “work into it slowly” workout. 

Day 1:    Elliptical at lowest setting for 1 minute
                Machine workout with all machines at lowest first plate of weight for one set each at 10 reps
                Elliptical at lowest setting for 1 minute
                One lap walk around the indoor track (about 1/13th mile)

Day 2:    Elliptical at lowest setting for 2 minutes
                Machine workout with all machines at second plate of weight for one set each at 10 reps
                Elliptical at lowest setting for 2 minutes
                Two laps walk around the indoor track (about 2/13th mile)

Day 3:    Elliptical at lowest setting for 3 minutes
                Machine workout with all machines at third plate of weight for one set each at 10 reps
                Elliptical at lowest setting for 3 minutes
                Three laps walk around the indoor track (about 3/13th mile)

I think you get where this is going but obviously I will hit a snag at some point where a weight for any particular exercise will be too heavy … so I am keeping track of what weight and number of reps was successful and then increasing the next workout if I can and staying back at the same weight if I can’t.

In week 2, I went to 2 sets for each exercise and I added some body weight exercises at the end of each workout.  First set is attempted at higher weight … if successful then 2nd set is at the same weight … if 1st set is not successful then 2nd set is at the previous weight I could fully complete the set.

In week 3, I went to 3 sets for the major compound exercises … attempt higher weight for the last set but the number of reps is not important (although I record how many reps done).

The workout:

Elliptical
Machine Exercises:
    Seated Machine Chest Press *
    Machine Military Press
    Pec Dec Machine
    Seated Deltoid Raise
    Machine Triceps Extension
    Seated Cable Back Rows *
    Machine Biceps Curl
    Seated Back Extensions
    Lat Pull Down *
    Seated Leg Press *
    Seated Leg Curl
    Seated Leg Extension
    Machine Hip Adduction
    Machine Hip Abduction
    Standing Calf Raise
    Ab Crunch Machine
    Abd Rotation
Body weight Exercise:
    Plank
    Push Ups
    Bridge
    Alternating Leg Raise
Elliptical
Walk on the track

* major compound exercises

I am using an iPhone app called Stacked to keep track of weights used and sets and reps done with the self designed workout.

When I can do 30 minutes straight of elliptical with no issue I will plan on then slowly increasing the effort during those 30 minutes on the elliptical (but stay at the 30 minutes).

When I get to one mile on the track I will hold at doing one mile each time.

I will see how this goes and modify as needed!

P.S.  I have a big hill in the back yard that I would usually loudly huff and puff when walking up it and have to take at least one breathing break while going up it … yesterday I walked up the entire hill without a break or stopping … I did breath harder and my heart rate went up but I was not as spent as I normally am … so the weight loss in conjunction with my working out are really helping already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #346 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #347 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life S49 d5 1 YEAR +19d Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog