MounjaroLife W8D4 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog


Coming to the end of the second month, Today's weigh in at 322.6 for about a 35 pound total weight loss ... pretty impressive to me!   It has not really been painful at all.   This is my last week at the 5mg dose.  I was going to go to 7.5mg next week but the 7.5mg dose is not available at all ... so after discussing it with my doctor we are going to go to the 10mg dose which is available.   I am curious to see how the jump goes ... I am hoping that I will have week long appetite suppression ... the appetite suppression has been the part of the treatment that I have enjoyed the most.   I can eat when I sit down to eat but I never feel like finishing my meal which is unusual when compared to the norm for my life.   As I think I said before ... this must be what a lot of thinner people feel like all time.

I did discuss the appetite / satiety thing with a clinically diagnosed anorexic and interestingly her description to me was that she never feels hungry and when eating finds it difficult to eat much because her hunger signals are completely absent.   She is not a bulimic nor does she perseverate on wanting to lose weight ... she is the first one to say that she would like to gain some weight ... she just does not have any hunger to feed ... she makes herself eat despite having no actual cravings to eat.   

So being a non-diabetic with no glucoses nor hemoglobin A1C to track, the goal of being on mounjaro for me is to find that dose that does not take me to an anorexic extreme.   I am a foodie even if I don't feel hunger ... I do find food appealing even if it is not from hunger itself.   What I like about the mounjaro is that I am not craving food constantly!

All that being said, when I feel a generalized feeling of being out of sorts with decreased energy I have found that eating something will then make me feel more back to normal.   Overall, however, I have found I have increased energy compared to before I started the mounjaro!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #346 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life W44d3 #347 Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog

Mounjaro / Zepbound Life S49 d5 1 YEAR +19d Mounjaro Tirzepatide Journey Blog